Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Corpalism


Corpalism by Arun D. Ellis

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and whether this author wrote the book on his own opinion, or thought it would make a great story, is up to him.
The majority of the book is how brainwashed society is by the government, the powers that be, and the 1% of the upper crust and rich.  The remaining 99% are brought up to believe they are better than their ancestors were in numerous ways, even though they have less spare money, less free time to spend with family and less of everything.  Instead, they have bigger mortgages, bigger bills, etc.
While I see nothing wrong with writing a story on that concept, I do have an issue with how LONG it is dragged out.  On and on, over and over, by various groups of people, all trying to show others how to speak up and rebel against what you have been led to believe is how things are, based on the world today.
The book is also written in 2 different styles.  The first half of the book is written more like three short stories, each is it’s own story, although some of the characters in the first  volume appear later on.  The second half is different groups of people and it juggles back and forth.  In addition, one group of people is so irrelevant to the concept of the 99% vs. the 1%, it has nothing to do with the main concept.
Overall, it’s a unique point of view, but it should have been so much shorter.  How many times and how many ways can you stress to stand up for yourself.   After a while, you almost just skim the pages instead of actually reading the story.